My name is Kathleen Morgan. I’m a fully qualified counsellor, my training as a therapist began in 2002 and I have completed five years of training. My model for Morgan Therapy is psychodynamic therapy – the roots of which lie in the theories of Sigmund Freud and other prolific psychoanalysts. In addition to my clinical training I have experience of working in welfare services, domestic violence, the community safety partnership and the mental health sector of the NHS.
I am a member of and abide by the British Association of Counselling Practitioners’ code of ethics, which can be viewed on the BACP website.
With compassion and by listening about what troubles you, I aim to help you access a deeper level of understanding about yourself and how you relate to others, in a safe and respectful space. Therapy sessions are on a regular basis and last for fifty minutes. I offer once weekly sessions, on the same day and the same time each week. We are all unique and I structure the therapeutic relationship around you: I interpret what I feel is happening in our working alliance in a way of helping you to reach lasting fulfilment that endures way past your time in therapy.
The experience of talking about your problems can be painful and this takes commitment of staying with the process to facilitate personal insights. If you choose to end therapy, this is something I respect and my client’s autonomy and a wish to proceed is your decision.
If you would like to find out more about the services I offer or how I can help you, please do not hesitate to get in touch with me.
- Diploma in Psychodynamic Psychotherapy and Counselling in the Community, MHCPC.
- AQA Advanced Certificate in Counselling. CBT and Transactional Analysis.
- AQA Intermediate Certificate in Counselling. Working with Loss & Grief.
- Private practice at Morgan Therapy, Redbourn, St Albans, UK
- Charity: Highbury Counselling Centre, London, UK
- Charity: Honorary Counsellor, Counselling Referral Service, Finchley, UK
- 5 years in local authority welfare services
- 7 years domestic violence professional
- 2 years working for NHS Inpatient Mental Health Services